Are you looking for Learner Driver Car Insurance? Check out our Learner FAQs here.
- How do I get a quote?To get a quote please use our online application form here. We can’t give you a price over the phone I’m afraid.
- What level of cover does a Dayinsure policy offer?All Dayinsure policies are comprehensive.
- How much is your excess?The amount of excess varies – but will be confirmed before you buy your insurance. The amount will also be shown on the insurance certificate once you’ve bought insurance. There isn’t a separate excess for glass claims.
- When will my policy appear on the MID?Legally we have 7 days to place a policy on the MID. However, we do complete daily updates and aim to have it on the MID within 24-48 hours. You can drive the vehicle legally between the dates and times shown on the certificate of motor insurance issued to you.
- How do I cancel my policy?Please email us at email@example.com to cancel your insurance and don’t forget to include your policy reference number. If your insurance hasn’t started yet you’ll get all your money back. If you cancel your insurance after it’s started you’ll get money back for all the full days that haven’t been used but we can’t give you a refund for days or part days that have already started.
- Can I make a change to my policy?Once your insurance has been paid for no changes can be made. To change something, you’ll need to cancel your insurance and set up a new one here.
- Can I extend or renew my policy?Once your insurance has been paid for no changes can be made. To get more days on cover you can set up a new policy here.
- How do I know I’m insured?Once you’ve paid for your insurance we’ll email you a certificate within 30 minutes – this is your proof of insurance. The date and time your insurance starts will be on the certificate and you are insured to drive from then. You don’t need to do anything else.
- How long can you insure me for?We can insure a car for up to 30 days. If you need longer cover you can take out a new policy at the end of the 30 days. The shortest time we can insure a car is one hour. The policies are only for consecutive days on cover.
- I’m having trouble completing a quote – can you help?If you’re having problems completing our application it’s probably because some of the information isn’t recognised. Make sure to check your details including your email address, occupation and if entered, licence number. If you still need help you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the exact message being received to allow us to provide a more efficient response.
- Why can’t you insure me?
Your insurance application depends on:
- Your age
- Where you live
- The type of car
- How old the car is
If we can’t insure you it’ll be because of one (or more) of these reasons – we don’t get any more information I’m afraid. Our underwriters have specific criteria so please don’t worry – it’s nothing personal!
- I have received the message ‘Your payment has failed. Reasons for this could be that your card has expired, you have insufficient funds or the payment was prevented by your bank.’. What can I do?
These are just some of the more common reasons a payment can be declined and may not be specific to you. Please try again as it may down to a loss of internet connection. Otherwise we can advise the below options:
- Try a different internet browser
- Try a different device
- Try a different internet connection
- Try paying through PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account to do this. Select to pay as a guest with a credit/debit card on the PayPal website
- Contact the cardholder’s bank to make sure there is not a block placed on the transaction
- My driving licence is not being accepted, it says it is incorrect, what does this mean?The licence is validated against the driver details. Please make sure the driver’s name and date of birth have been entered as shown on the licence and that it is only 16 characters long. If your licence was issued in Northern Ireland or Isle of Man, please select this as your country of issue and not UK.
- Why is it asking for a passport number?We cannot check all licences, only ones issued by DVLA Swansea. To validate the driver, we require a passport number if you don’t have a UK licence. We cannot accept ID cards.
- How do I get in touch with you?You can email us at email@example.com Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm and Friday 9am – 4pm. We can also be contacted over weekends and bank holidays via email between 9am – 5pm.
- How do I make a complaint?Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a full description of your complaint. Please include the policy details if applicable.
Driver and Vehicle Queries
- Do you insure vehicles that have been seized by the police or impounded?No. Our insurance can’t be used on vehicles that have been seized, impounded or taken by the police.
- Can you insure a hired or rented vehicle?We can insure hired motorhomes but no other hired or rented vehicles I’m afraid.
- Do you insure vehicles which have been exported or imported?No, I’m afraid we can’t insure cars that are being exported or imported or that have been imported previously. The vehicles must be manufactured for the UK (right-hand drive) and UK registered.
- Can you insure a vehicle with more than 8 seats?No, we can only insure vehicles with a maximum of 8 seats (including the driver’s).
- Is there a maximum weight for the car, van and motorhome?Our maximum weight for cars and vans is 3.5 tonnes and 5 tonnes for motorhomes.
- Do I have to be the registered keeper or owner to buy short term insurance?No – you do not need to be the registered keeper, as long as you have the owner’s permission!
- Which licences do you accept?We accept licences from the UK, the EU, the EEA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Switzerland. We can’t take any other licence I’m afraid.
- Can you insure me if I’m not a UK resident?Yes, we can insure drivers who are not UK residents. But it depends on other things too. It’s best to complete the application form so we can give you an answer.
- Can I use Dayinsure if there’s already an annual insurance policy on the vehicle?Yes, this insurance is completely separate to any insurance already on the vehicle. It does not affect the annual policy already on the vehicle.
- Can I insure my vehicle if it has been modified?The only modifications we can accept are LPG conversions, disabled access and tow bars fitted to the vehicle. Any other modifications are not accepted under our insurance.
- Are they any other restrictions for the driver and vehicle?
RAC Breakdown and Accidents
- I bought breakdown cover – who should I call if I break down?Please call RAC on 0330 159 0241 who’ll be able to help. Please make sure to have your reference or certificate number and vehicle registration number to hand.
- What happens if I have an accident?To report an accident or make a claim please call 08000 156 166.
What Can I Use this Insurance for?
- Can I buy road tax with a Dayinsure policy?Yes – we aim to update the Motor Insurance Database every 24 hours for online tax applications. If you want to tax your car at a post office they decide whether or not they accept Dayinsure Insurance so please check with the post office first.
- Can you insure me to drive abroad?Our insurance includes third party cover for a trip to countries within the EU automatically – as long as the car is in the UK when the insurance starts and finishes. You can upgrade this to comprehensive cover when you’re completing the application. We can’t insure you in any country outside the EU.
- Can I use your insurance to take my car/van to an MOT test?Yes – we can insure cars for their MOT. But it depends on other things too. It’s best to complete an application form here so we can give you an answer.
- Can you tow when insured on the short-term insurance?Yes – you can tow or pull another car with our insurance. The car that’s pulling is comprehensively insured, but the car being pulled will only have third-party insurance.