If you don’t find the answer you’re looking for here, please contact our support team on 0333 005 0944 or email email@example.com
- Can I telephone for a quote?No you cannot buy by telephone. For a quote or to purchase cover, please use the online application form.
- If the site has problems, who do I call?You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our support team on 0333 005 0944 (during normal office hours only).
- Can I insure a hired/rented vehicle?We do not insure hired or rented vehicles. The only exception is Motorhomes: we can cover hired or rented Motorhomes.
- Why do you use Verified by Visa / MasterCard Secure Code?Verified by Visa / MasterCard Secure Code helps prevent people using your card details without your permission. When you complete your payment with Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure Code, your bank is able to make additional security checks to ensure your card details have not been compromised. Your bank wants to make sure that it’s really you making the purchase before they authorise the payment.
- Can I insure an imported or non UK registered vehicle?We do not offer cover for imported or non UK registered vehicles.
- Can I insure a vehicle with more than 8 seats?No, we are only able to insure vehicles with a maximum number of 8 seats (including the drivers).
- What is the maximum size of vehicle I can insure?Our maximum gross vehicle weight for cars and vans is 3.5 tonnes, motorhomes maximum weight is up to 5 tonnes.
- Does your insurance cover towing a boat/caravan/trailer?Yes. The driven vehicle is insured on a comprehensive basis. The towed element is insured on a third party basis only.
- Does vehicle age effect my application for cover?Our underwriting criteria includes a number of factors including vehicle age. Please complete a quotation to see if we can provide insurance.
- Do I have to be the registered keeper to buy short term cover?No. Our insurance permits you to insure a vehicle you do not own with the owners permission.
- What type of licence is acceptable?We accept Full UK, EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand, South African and Swiss Licences (subject to acceptance criteria).
- Can I buy cover if I am not a UK resident?Yes (subject to acceptance criteria).
- Can I buy Road Tax with a Dayinsure policy?Yes, Dayinsure short term insurance can be used for taxation At the sole discretion of the individual post office. We also aim to update MID within 24 Hours for online tax applications.
- How and when will I get my insurance documents?All documentation is available to print from our site immidiately after purchase. We also email customers a copy within 30 minutes of sale.
- Do you cover importing and exporting of vehicles?No. We cannot offer cover for import & export
- What are the age restrictions for Dayinsure?We consider applications from drivers aged between 19 and 75 (subject to acceptance criteria).
- What level of cover does a Dayinsure policy offer?All Dayinsure policies are comprehensive.
- What excess does the Dayinsure policy have?Our excess levels vary and will be confirmed during the application before purchase. Once a policy is purchased, the applicable excess is shown on the Schedule.
- When will my policy appear on the MID?We do daily updates to the MID so it could take up to 24 hours to appear on MID.
- Can I cancel my Dayinsure policy?You are entitled to cancel your policy at any time. Provided there have been no claims or incidents likely to give rise to a claim you will be entitled to a refund of unused premium. If you cancel the policy before cover has commenced you will be entitled to a full refund of premium less a cancellation fee of £10. If you cancel the policy after cover has commenced you will be entitled to a pro rata return of premium, less a cancellation fee of £10. Cover for days or part days which have already commenced will not be refundable. Please note that any applicable card charges will not be refunded.
- Who shall I call if I need to make a claim?To make a claim please call 08000 156 166.
- Can I be covered outside of the EU?No, Dayinsure policies are only valid whilst travelling in a country which is a member of the EU.
- Can this policy be used to retrieve a seized/impounded vehicle?No, our short term insurance cannot be used to retrieve a seized or impounded vehicle.
- Can I change the details within my policy?Once a policy is approved no changes can be made.
- I bought Breakdown Cover, who should I contact if I breakdown?Please contact RAC Breakdown on 0800 056 4481.
- Do Dayinsure policies provide cover in the EU?All Dayinsure policies include automatic Third Party cover whilst taking a short trip to the EU.
We can offer an optional upgrade to comprehensive EU cover during the application (subject to acceptance criteria)
- Can my policy be extended or renewed?All our Short Term Insurance policies cannot be amended once purchased. If you need to extend or renew cover, all you need to do is purchase a new policy.