Temporary Classic Car Insurance
- Get your insurance certificate in 2 minutes.
- Highly competitive prices.
- Quick and easy quotation, no obligation.
Temporary Classic Car Insurance
Our Dayinsure temporary classic car insurance is quick and easy to set up and great value for money. You only pay for the cover you need with short term classic car insurance, whether it’s on a vehicle you own or one you are borrowing.
This makes temporary classic car insurance great for allowing friends and family to drive your vehicle when they visit. Or you can take out temp classic car insurance to cover yourself to drive a friend’s classic motor for a couple of days or weeks, such as when on holiday.
Benefits of Short Term Classic Car Insurance
Temp classic car insurance can be arranged in a few minutes, with your motor insurance certificate available immediately to download and print. We insure drivers of all ages from 19 through to 75 (subject to underwriting criteria) and vehicles up to 61 years old are considered.
You can choose to have temporary classic car insurance for any period between 1 hour and 30 days, with European cover available as an optional extra.
There is no need to worry about your No Claims Discount (NCD) on any existing insurance arrangement being affected, as our short term classic car insurance is standalone and protects existing policies in the event of an incident.
Underwritten by Aviva, the UK’s largest insurer, you can be sure you’re in good hands when taking out temp classic car insurance with us here at Dayinsure.
Who is Eligible?
Whether you are after one day insurance, a policy for a week or a month, discover our classic car acceptance criteria.
As well as UK licences, we can cover customers who hold a full EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Swiss driving licence and have done so for at least six months (reduced to three months, if aged over 25).
What You’ll Need to Buy Short Term Classic Car Insurance
For a temporary classic car insurance quote, you will need:
- your name, address, DOB, email and occupation
- the registration number of the car that you want to drive
- for non-UK licence holders, a passport number is required (NI and Isle of Man are also required).
We’ll display the car insurance price, then you decide:
- how much time you need cover for (from 1 hour to 30 days)
- when you want the cover to start
- whether you want any of our add-on options (such as breakdown or European cover).
Then to purchase your temp classic car insurance policy you’ll need:
- your driving licence number
- payment details (debit, credit card or PayPal).
That’s it – the whole journey takes a couple of minutes, and you could be behind the wheel in 15 minutes.
View key documents
- Breakdown Insurance Product Information Document pdf
- Insurance Product Information Document pdf
- UK Cover Policy Wording pdf
- Dayinsure Terms of Business pdf
- Legal Expenses Policy Wording pdf
- Legal Expenses IPID pdf
- Breakdown Policy Wording pdf
- European Cover Policy Wording pdf
- Classic Car Insurance Criteria
Why Choose Dayinsure Classic Insurance?
- We are the UK’s leading experts in temporary car insurance
- Only pay for the cover you need
- Comprehensive insurance provided by Aviva
- From 1 hour to 30 days
- Daily, weekend or weekly insurance available
- Dedicated customer service team