We’ve launched a new and improved app – Click here find out more

Cheap and easy temporary van insurance

Short-term van insurance is a great option whether you want to borrow a van for an hour, a day, a weekend, a week or a month.

To get a quote, make sure you have:

  • your full name and UK address, your date of birth, occupation and an email address
  • the van’s registration number
  • your UK driving licence.
Dayinsure Dad and Daughter loading White Van

How does flexible van insurance work?

At Dayinsure we provide short-term van insurance in the UK, whether you require day van insurance or cover for up to a month.

Just fill in your details

For temp cover van insurance, you just need your name, UK address, date of birth, UK licence, occupation and the registration number of the van.

Dayinsure Dad with Work Van
Dayinsure cheap temporary learner insurance on mobile

You’ll get a price

Decide the duration you need, such as one day van insurance, and when you’d like the policy to start and we will give you a quote.

Pay and you’re ready to go!

To buy your van cover, you just need to pay using either debit card, credit card or PayPal.

Dayinsure Business Van Insurance

What is temp van insurance?

Temp van insurance is perfect for when you need cover on a van for a short period of time and do not want to add it to your annual policy. It can make borrowing a van from friends for removals quick and easy. Or, if you’re test-driving a van, you can get cover for the trip.

It won’t affect your No Claims Bonus and means you have the peace of mind that quick and easy cover can offer.


Uses of temporary van insurance

Typical uses of Dayinsure temp van insurance are to:

  • borrow a van to move to a new house or help others relocate
  • shift large items of furniture or equipment
  • insure a replacement vehicle for one that’s off the road
  • relocate family members to university
  • cover somebody else using your van for a short time
  • test drive a van before purchasing.
Dayinsure moving insurance

Want to get moving?

It only takes a few minutes to arrange temp cover van insurance in the UK and cover can start in 15 minutes.

You’ll still have to carry the boxes yourself though!

Dayinsure mum and White Van

What Our Customers Say

Rated 4.8 out of 5 based on 37,861 reviews. See all reviews on


Why choose Dayinsure?

Short-term van insurance from Dayinsure insurance company is a great option whether you want to borrow a van for a short amount of time or to add a temp additional driver to your van.

Insurance from 1 hour to 30 days
Great value cover, available to buy in minutes
All policies provide comprehensive cover
All policies underwritten by Aviva

Benefits of short-term van cover include:

  • comprehensive cover provided by Aviva, so you can go about your business safe in the knowledge that the vehicle is properly covered by a market-leading insurer
  • no effect on your No Claims Discount (NCD) on any annual policies
  • business use is included as standard – apart from the carriage of passengers or goods for hire or reward
  • we update the Motor Insurance Database 4 times every single day, so you can get on with the job in hand without worrying about getting stopped for being uninsured
  • policies can run for 30 days, and the more days you buy, the cheaper the equivalent daily rate
  • most drivers can be covered in most vans, up to 3.5 tonnes GVW.

Please note: We do not offer temporary cover for hired vans or impounded vehicles.

Dayinsure Mum with push bike

Who is eligible for short-term van insurance?

With our great value temporary van insurance, we can cover most drivers in most vans up to 3.5 tonnes GVW. Whether you want one-hour or one-day van insurance, or a policy for a week or a month, check our van acceptance criteria. We also offer temporary car insurance policies, learner insurance policies and more.

Dayinsure builder boots