Temporary Van Insurance
- Instant online cover from 1 hour – 30 days
- Protects No Claim Bonus
- Great value for money
Why Buy Dayinsure Van Insurance?
Short term van insurance is a great option whether you want to borrow a van for an hour, day, weekend, week or a month, or add a temporary additional driver to your van.
At Dayinsure we provide temporary van insurance in the UK, whether you require one hour van insurance or cover for up to a month.
Benefits of temporary van insurance include:
- comprehensive cover provided by Aviva, so you can go about your business safe in the knowledge that the vehicle is properly covered by a market-leading insurer.
- our short term van insurance does not affect No Claims Discount (NCD) on any annual policies in force.
- we include business use as standard – apart from the carriage of passengers or goods for hire or reward.
- we update the Motor Insurance Database (MID) 4 times a day, so you can get on with the job in hand without worrying about being stopped for uninsured driving.
- our policies can run for 30 days, and the more days you buy the cheaper the equivalent daily rate becomes.
- we can cover the majority of drivers in most vans, up to 3.5 tonnes GVW. See our van acceptance criteria.
Uses of Temporary Van Insurance
Typical uses of Dayinsure temp van insurance are to:
- move to a new house or help others relocate.
- shift large items of furniture or equipment.
- replace a vehicle that is off the road.
- relocate family members to university.
- cover somebody else using your van.
- share a long journey with an additional driver.
Who is Eligible?
With our temporary van insurance, we can cover the majority of drivers in most vans, up to 3.5 tonnes GVW. Whether you are after one hour, one day van insurance, a policy for a week or a month, discover our van acceptance criteria.
As well as UK licences, we can cover customers who hold a full EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Swiss driving licence and have done so for at least six months (reduced to three months, if aged over 25).
What You’ll Need
To get a quote for temp van insurance you will need:
- Your name, address, DOB, email and occupation.
- The registration number of the van you want to drive.
- How much cover you need (from 1 hour to 30 days).
- When you want the cover to start.
- Whether you want any of our add-on options (such as breakdown or European cover).
- For non-UK licence holders, a passport number is required (NI and Isle of Man are also required).
To purchase short term van insurance you need:
- Your driving licence number.
- Payment details (debit, credit card or PayPal).
It’s as simple as that! – It will only take a couple of minutes to sort out temporary van insurance in the UK, and cover can start in 15 minutes.
View Key Documents
- Breakdown Insurance Product Information Document pdf
- Insurance Product Information Document pdf
- UK Cover Policy Wording pdf
- Dayinsure Terms of Business pdf
- Legal Expenses Policy Wording pdf
- Legal Expenses Keyfacts pdf
- Breakdown Policy Wording pdf
- European Cover Policy Wording pdf
- Van Insurance Criteria
Why Choose Dayinsure Van Insurance?
- Great value – comprehensive cover at low prices
- Flexibility: choose from 1 hour – 30 days
- Convenient on-line quote-and-buy system
- Wide acceptance criteria
- Option to add additional drivers
- Foreign use option available
- Not available for hired vans
- Not available for impounded vehicles