Why buy Dayinsure van insurance?
Short-term van insurance is a great option whether you want to borrow a van for an hour, a day, a weekend, a week or a month, or add a temp additional driver to your van.
At Dayinsure we provide temp van insurance in the UK, whether you require one-hour van insurance or cover for up to a month.
Benefits of temp van insurance include:
- comprehensive cover provided by Aviva, so you can go about your business safe in the knowledge that the vehicle is properly covered by a market-leading insurer
- no effect on your No Claims Discount (NCD) on any annual policies in force
- business use is included as standard – apart from the carriage of passengers or goods for hire or reward
- the Motor Insurance Database is updated 4 times a day, so you can get on with the job in hand without worrying about being stopped for uninsured driving
- policies that can run for 30 days, and the more days you buy the cheaper the equivalent daily rate becomes
- the majority of drivers can be covered in most vans, up to 3.5 tonnes GVW. See our van acceptance criteria.
Uses of temp van insurance
Typical uses of Dayinsure temp van insurance are to:
- move to a new house or help others relocate
- shift large items of furniture or equipment
- replace a vehicle that is off the road
- relocate family members to university
- cover somebody else using your van
- share a long journey with an additional driver.
Who is eligible?
With our temp van insurance, we can cover the majority of drivers in most vans up to 3.5 tonnes GVW. Whether you want one-hour or one-day van insurance, or a policy for a week or a month, check our van acceptance criteria.
As well as UK driving licences, we can cover customers who have held a full EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Swiss licence for at least 6 months (3 months if over 25).
What you’ll need
To get a quote for temp van insurance you’ll need:
- your name, address, DOB, email and occupation
- the registration number of the van you want to drive
- how much cover you want, from 1 hour to 30 days
- when you want the cover to start
- whether you want any of our add-on options, such as breakdown or European cover
- for non-UK licence-holders, a passport number (also required for Northern Ireland and Isle of Man licence-holders).
To purchase short-term van insurance you need:
- your driving licence number.
- payment details (debit, credit card or PayPal).
It’s as simple as that! It will only take a couple of minutes to arrange temp van insurance in the UK, and cover can start in 15 minutes.