Temporary Car Insurance
- Available for 1 hour – 30 days
- Quick and easy quotation, highly competitive prices
- Get your insurance certificate in 2 minutes
Benefits of Temporary Car Insurance
Temporary car insurance is fast, convenient and simple to buy. All our policies are underwritten by Aviva on a comprehensive basis, include business use cover and can start within 15 minutes of making a booking when you require car insurance for 1 hour, day, week or month.
We offer a range of optional extras such as comprehensive European cover, additional drivers and daily breakdown for all temp car insurance.
Our policies are standalone, so if you do have a claim there will be no impact on the No Claims Discount (NCD) on any annual policy. What’s more, all our policies for temporary car insurance in the UK come with free legal expenses cover, to protect your interests in the event of a non-fault incident.
Furthermore, we update the Motor Insurance Database (MID) 4 times a day, so you’re unlikely to be stopped by the police on suspicion of driving without insurance.
Uses of Dayinsure
Dayinsure is a great option when annual insurance doesn’t give you the flexibility you need, whether you require car insurance for a day or month. It proves handy when:
- Borrowing a car
- if you are either buying or selling a car and want to arrange a test drive.
- or if you need a bigger car for a particular journey.
- Adding a temporary additional driver to your car
- it’s a common misconception that all annual insurance policies cover driving other cars.
- many don’t provide any of this cover, and those that do often restrict to third party and the policyholder only.
- Making a Business trip
- another misconception is that annual insurance policies that cover commuting will allow business trips to any location – they won’t!
- commuting use only covers journeys to or from your regular place of work – potentially excluding cover if you visit a client, attend a training course or help out at a local branch.
- our temporary car insurance policies provide full business use (excluding the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward).
- Any other situation where you need one day car insurance, such as:
- where the annual policyholder gets taken ill and you need to take over the driving.
- needing to share driving on a long journey.
- taking a SORN vehicle for an MOT.
- driving a bigger vehicle to transport a piece of furniture.
- transporting friends to an event.
- where there’s a gap between one annual policy finishing and another one starting.
Who is Eligible?
Our temp car insurance can cover most drivers aged between 18 and 75 (subject to vehicle and underwriting criteria). From one day to one month car insurance, we are able to insure the majority of UK registered vehicles.
As well as UK licences, we can cover customers who hold a full EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Swiss driving licence and have done so for at least six months (reduced to three months, if aged over 25).
So, if you’re planning on coming to the UK or expecting visitors, temporary car insurance in the UK from Dayinsure could be a great option. Rather than hire a car for the trip, it might be easier (and cheaper!) to borrow cars throughout the duration of the visit when you need anything from one day to one month car insurance. Buy our insurance online as and when required.
What You’ll Need to Buy Short Term Car Insurance
For a temporary car insurance quote, you will need:
- your name, address, DOB, email and occupation.
- the registration number of the car that you want to drive.
- For non-UK licence holders, a passport number is required (NI and Isle of Man are also required).
We’ll display the car insurance price, then you decide:
- the duration (from 1 hour to 30 days).
- when you want the cover to start.
- whether you want any of our add-on options (such as breakdown or European cover).
Then to purchase your temp car insurance policy you’ll need:
- your driving licence number.
- Payment details (debit, credit card or PayPal).
That’s it – the whole journey takes a couple of minutes, and you could be behind the wheel in 15 minutes.
View Key Documents
- Breakdown Insurance Product Information Document pdf
- Insurance Product Information Document pdf
- UK Cover Policy Wording pdf
- Dayinsure Terms of Business pdf
- Legal Expenses Policy Wording pdf
- Legal Expenses Keyfacts pdf
- Breakdown Policy Wording pdf
- European Cover Policy Wording pdf
- Car Insurance Criteria
Why Choose Dayinsure Car Insurance?
- Great value cover
- All policies provide Comprehensive cover
- Buy online in minutes
- Underwritten by Aviva
- Complete flexibility
- Not available for impounded vehicles