What is Temporary Insurance for Business Use?
Business car insurance is included in all our policies at Dayinsure. There is a common belief that annual insurance policies cover using your vehicle for business trips, but many don’t. Often they only cover commuting to and from your regular place of work. Therefore, there are many reasons for investing in business use car insurance:
- Provide cover when visiting clients or other branches.
- Allows you to travel to conferences, meetings and training sessions away from your usual place of work.
- Cars and vans can be shared between employees, while the driving can be split for business trips.
- When tradespeople need a bigger van to transport extra equipment or large items.
- Temporary use when your business car or van is in the garage for repairs.
We do not cover hired cars or vehicles used as a taxi or for deliveries.
Benefits of Business Car Insurance
Car insurance for business provides many benefits, no matter what industry you work in. Our policies are all underwritten by Aviva, so the quality of cover is guaranteed. Extras such as European, breakdown cover and additional drivers are available.
Business car insurance also includes free legal expenses cover and our policies are standalone, removing any risk of your No Claims Discount (NCD) being affected on your annual policy should anything happen.
Plus, with temporary car insurance for business use you can get flexible cover for the exact amount of time you need it. This could be anywhere from one hour to 30 days, whether it’s a one-off client meeting or a week-long conference where you require business cover car insurance.
Who is Eligible?
Most drivers between 18 and 75 requiring business use car insurance can be covered, along with many UK registered vehicles. Vans up to 3.5 tonnes GVW can be covered. Business use only covers the main policy holder. Additional drivers are not covered. Discover the full car insurance acceptance criteria here.
It’s not just UK licence holders that can access car insurance for business. We can cover you if you have an EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Swiss licence as well.
What You Need
To get a quote for business cover car insurance you need:
- Your name, address, date of birth, email address and occupation.
- Registration number of the vehicle.
- For non-UK licence holders, a passport number is required (NI and Isle of Man are also required).
The 1-day price will be displayed. To purchase business car insurance cover you then need:
- To decide how many days cover you want and when it will start.
- If you require any add-on options (breakdown, European cover).
- Your driving licence number.
- Payment details (debit, credit card or PayPal).
Fill in our quote form and book temporary car insurance for business use quickly and simply online at Dayinsure.