What is One Day Car Insurance?
Dayinsure one day car insurance is perfect for when you only need cover for a short time. There are many reasons why you might only need car insurance for 24 hours or less, including:
- One-off meetings or business trips that aren’t covered by your annual policy.
- Borrowing a bigger car from a friend to collect a large purchase, like a washing machine.
- Needing to add a temporary additional driver to share the driving on a long car journey.
- When your shared car is in use, and you need to borrow another.
- The annual policyholder is ill.
- Daily car insurance for emergencies.
- Taking a SORN car for an MOT.
Benefits of Dayinsure One Day Car Insurance
Compared to taking out an annual policy, there are many advantages of 1 day car insurance when you only need cover for a short period:
- Standalone policies mean there’s no impact on the No Claims Discount (NCD) of the annual policyholder.
- Free legal expenses cover with daily car insurance, in case there’s an incident where you’re not at fault.
- 1 day car insurance cover can start within 15 minutes – essential when there’s an emergency.
- You’re covered for business use, such as meetings or business trips, which isn’t typically covered in annual policies.
- Buying daily car insurance means you’re not tied into an annual insurance policy that you don’t need, offering a cheap one day car insurance option.
- Highly competitive prices.
- All policies are underwritten by Aviva.
Who is Eligible?
- We can insure the majority of drivers over the age of nineteen and under the age of seventy-five with daily car insurance.
- Most UK registered vehicles can be covered.
- Licence holders from the UK, EU, EEA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Switzerland, as long as they’ve held their licence for a minimum of one year.
What Do You Need?
In order to receive a quote for 1 day car insurance cover, you will need:
- The VRN (Vehicle Registration Number) of the car to be insured.
- Your personal details, including your name, address, email address, date of birth and occupation.
Dayinsure short term car insurance is available from 1-28 days, so once you’ve received your quote you’ll need to select your policy. Then, to buy your one day insurance, make sure you also have:
- Your driving licence number.
- For non-UK licence holders, a passport number is required (NI and Isle of Man are also required).
- Payment details (debit, credit card or PayPal).
It only takes a few minutes to get a quote and apply for cheap one day car insurance, here online.