Learner Driver Car Insurance
- Age 17 to 75
- From 2 hours to 5 months
- No Claims Discount protected
- For holders of a provisional licence
What is Dayinsure Learner?
Dayinsure Learner is a great way for a learner to practice driving in their own, or a borrowed car. There are many set features of the learner car insurance we provide:
- Learner driver insurance is available to holders of a provisional licence.
- It provides cover from 6am to 12am (Midnight).
- The learner must be accompanied by a qualified driver aged between 25-75 who has held a full UK licence for at least 3 years.
- Learner insurance cover ceases when the learner passes their test.
Benefits of Dayinsure Learner Insurance
Insurance for learner drivers available here at Dayinsure offers many benefits:
- Learner car insurance protects the No Claims Discount (NCD) of the annual policyholder.
- Pay-As-You-Go means with this car insurance for learner drivers, you only pay for the cover you need and it’s completely flexible.
- Low excess level of only £250.
- Comprehensive cover provided by the UK’s leading insurer, Aviva.
- Competitive pricing. Prices of learner driver insurance vary according to location and vehicle. They can be as low as £8 for 2 hours, £28 for a week and £222 for 5 months.
- Unused premium refunded if the learner passes their test ahead of schedule.
Learner Drivers on Motorways
From the 4th of June 2018, a change in the law will mean that learner drivers will be able to take driving lessons on the motorways in England, Scotland and Wales.
It is important to note that to drive on the motorways, the learner driver must
- be supervised by a qualified driving instructor
- be in a dual controlled car
Full guidance on the new law can be found here:
If you have any additional queries, our Customer Service team are here to help during normal office hours.
Who is Eligible?
Our insurance for learner drivers will cover most learners, though to ensure you are eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Anyone that holds a current provisional UK driving licence and is 17 years or older.
- Is a permanent UK resident.
- Has permission to drive a vehicle that:
- is registered in the UK.
- has a current market value of less than £40,000.
- has no more than seven seats (including the driver’s seat).
- has not been modified.
- is not a hire or rental vehicle.
What You’ll Need to Buy a Policy
All you need to get a quote for learner insurance is the vehicle registration and your postcode!
If you decide to purchase learner car insurance, we’ll need:
- Your name, address, DOB and email address.
- The vehicle’s registered keeper’s information.
- Your driving licence number.
- Payment details (debit or credit card).
It couldn’t be easier to take out car insurance for learner drivers than here at Dayinsure!
View Key Documents
Why Choose Dayinsure Learner?
- Great Value
- Low excess