Learner driver car insurance
- Age 17 to 75.
- From 2 hours to 5 months.
- No Claims Discount protected.
- For holders of a provisional licence.
What is Dayinsure Learner?
Dayinsure Learner is a great way for a learner to practise driving in their own, or a borrowed, car. These are the main features:
- learner driver insurance is available to provisional-licence-holders
- cover from 6am to midnight only
- the learner must be accompanied by a qualified driver aged between 25 and 75 who has held a full UK licence for at least 3 years
- cover ceases when the learner passes their test.
Benefits of Dayinsure Learner
Dayinsure Learner offers many benefits:
- it protects the annual policyholder’s No Claims Discount (NCD)
- pay-as-you-go means you only pay for the cover you need and it’s completely flexible
- low ‘excess’ of only £250. (The ‘excess’ is the first part of any claim you have to pay)
- comprehensive cover, provided by the UK’s leading insurer, Aviva
- competitive pricing. Prices vary according to location and vehicle. They can be as low as £8 for 2 hours, £28 for a week and £222 for 5 months
- we refund your unused premium if you pass your test ahead of schedule.
Learner drivers on motorways
Learner drivers can take driving lessons on motorways in England, Scotland and Wales but the learner must be:
- supervised by a qualified driving instructor
- in a dual-controlled car.
Full guidance on the new law can be found here
If you have other questions, our Customer Service team can help during normal office hours.
Who is eligible?
Our insurance for learner drivers will cover most learners, but to ensure you are eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- you hold a current provisional UK driving licence and are at least 17 years old
- you are a permanent UK resident
- you have permission to drive the vehicle, which:
- is registered in the UK
- has a current market value of less than £40,000
- has no more than 7 seats (including the driver’s)
- has not been modified
- is not a hire or rental vehicle.
What you’ll need to buy a policy
All you need to get a quote for learner insurance is the vehicle registration and your postcode.
If you decide to buy learner car insurance, we’ll need:
- your name, address, DOB and email address
- the vehicle’s registered keeper’s information
- your driving licence number
- payment details (debit, credit card or Paypal).
It couldn’t be easier to take out car insurance for learner drivers than here at Dayinsure!
View key documents
Why choose Dayinsure Learner?
- Great value
- Low excess