Temp motorhome insurance
- 1 hour to 30 days.
- Highly competitive pricing.
- Get your insurance certificate in minutes.
Why choose Dayinsure short-term motorhome insurance?
Dayinsure short-term motorhome insurance, which also includes campervans, can cover a wide range of scenarios. Examples –
- You own your motorhome or campervan and want to lend it to family or friends – our temp motorhome insurance allows them to drive with no threat to the No Claims Bonus on your annual policy.
- You want to borrow or hire a motorhome – we can provide temp motorhome insurance that covers you for any period from one hour to 30 days.
- You want to hire out a motorhome you own – our short-term motorhome insurance can provide the user (or ‘hiree’) with the comprehensive cover that fully protects your asset.
Temp insurance on hired motorhomes
If you own a motorhome and want to hire it out (to hirees), please bear in mind this important point:
- to buy or arrange temp motorhome insurance on your hiree’s behalf, you must be authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). If you aren’t, you should direct the hiree to our site, where they can buy our one-hour to 30-day motorhome insurance cover themselves.
There’s more about the Financial Conduct Authority on the FCA website.
Are you eligible for our temp motorhome insurance?
To apply for short-term motorhome insurance with Dayinsure, you must meet these criteria:
- you must be at least 25 years old
- you must have held a full valid driving licence from the UK, EU, EEA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Switzerland for at least 12 months
- your trip must start and end within the UK
- cover applies only while the motorhome is in the UK and the rest of the EU.
Other important points:
- we upload our temp policies to the Motor Insurance Database (MID) 4 times a day
- our short-term motorhome insurance is comprehensive and is provided by Aviva, one of the UK’s biggest insurance providers.
Hourly, daily, weekly or monthly short-term motorhome insurance
Our policies put you in control, so you only pay for the insurance you need. You can have cover for one hour to one week, or for a specific number of days up to 30.
What you’ll need to buy short-term motorhome insurance
For a temp motorhome insurance quote, you’ll need:
- your name, address, DOB, email and occupation
- the registration number, chassis manufacturer and engine size of the motorhome you want to drive. These are to be found on the vehicle’s V5 (Registration Document)
- for non-UK licence-holders, a passport number (also required for Northern Ireland and Isle of Man licence-holders).
We’ll display the one-day motorhome insurance price, then you decide:
- the start date and how long you need cover for (from 1 hour to 30 days)
- whether you want any of our add-on options (such as European cover).
Then, to buy the cover you’ll need:
- your driving licence number
- payment details (debit, credit card or PayPal).
If you need to extend your booking, you can easily do so on our user-friendly site.
View key documents
Benefits of Dayinsure motorhome insurance
- Hassle-free cover from 1 hour to 30 days
- Comprehensive cover provided by Aviva
- Complete flexibility: pay-as-you-go
- Additional driver and EU cover options available
- Available on owned and hired motorhomes