To be eligible for your Dayinsure Learner policy the following criteria must be met at all times and any change in circumstance may make the policy invalid.
You (the Policyholder) must accept and agree that you:
- Are aged between 17 and 50 (this will be subject to underwriting criteria and individual circumstances)
- Hold a current provisional GB driving licence.
- Are a permanent UK resident.
- Have an address shown on your provisional GB driving licence which matches the address on this insurance policy. (Please note you may be asked to provide proof of residence in the event of a claim).
- Have no insurance claim(s) or incidents likely to give rise to claims.
- Have no penalty points on your licence.
- Have no motoring offences or convictions.
- Have no unspent criminal convictions.
- Have never been refused insurance or had a policy cancelled.
The Car Insured Must:
- Be registered in the UK.
- Have a current market value of less than £40,000.
- Not have any engine modifications, body kits, or alloy wheels unless fitted at manufacture or were manufacturer optional extras – unless specifically carried out for a disabled driver or passenger.
- Not be a Hire or Rental vehicle or leased under an agreement of 12 months or less duration.
- Not be a seized vehicle or in a police compound.
- Not be imported from another country through channels other than the maker’s official distribution system.
- Not be used to carry hazardous goods or be used at any hazardous location.
- Not have more than 7 seats (including the driver’s seat).
- Not be a type of Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV).
- Not be over 3.5 Tonnes Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW).
- Have an engine size of 3999cc or less.
If the Policyholder is not the Registered Keeper of The Car:
- No cover is provided under this policy for loss or damage which occurs between 00:00 hours (midnight) and 06:00 hours.
- No cover exists under this policy unless the vehicle is also insured under a separate annual motor insurance policy.
- You (the Policyholder) must have permission from the registered keeper to drive the vehicle and confirm that you (the Policyholder) will take responsibility to insure it for any loss or damage that may be incurred.
You (The Policyholder) Must Accept and Agree That:
- All cover under this policy ceases as soon as you pass your Driving Test.
- You must be accompanied by a driver. The driver must be aged between 25-75 and hold a full current UK driving licence for at least last 3 years.
- The vehicle must not be used for the carriage of passengers or goods for payment, the carriage of goods or property which does not belong to you as a courier or for the delivery of takeaway or fast food.
- In the event of a claim, you will provide the V5C for the vehicle insured under this policy to allow validation of the registered keeper’s details. If you advised that the vehicle was being borrowed during the application process and the V5C confirms that you (the policyholder) are actually the registered keeper your policy will be invalidated, and any claim refused.
Warning: failure to meet the criteria accurately could invalidate your insurance and may be an offence.