Claims and breakdown

Had an accident or broken down?

From big accident to minor bump, we’ll give you the best way to get you back on the road as soon as possible.


Claims and breakdown FAQs

What are the different breakdown cover options?

Both our Breakdown options are provided by the RAC.

  • Roadside covers any roadside assistance you need ¼ of a mile or more away from your home address, including a tow for up to 10 miles or a taxi up to 20 miles if your vehicle cannot be fixed.
  • Roadside, Recovery, At home & Onward Travel includes the Roadside cover plus Recovery for up to 8 people to any destination in the UK, At Home breakdown, a replacement car for 2 days whilst your vehicle is being fixed, or if this isn’t possible overnight accommodation or an alternative form of transport. Please note the Recovery, At Home & Onward Travel elements of your policy are only available after the first 4 hours of cover, but Roadside can start immediately.

When should I tell you I’ve had an accident?

You should call the Claims Team on 0800 0156 166 straight away.

I’ve bought excess protection, how do I claim my excess back?

You’ll need to submit your Claim Settlement Letter to the ClaimEz website.

I bought RAC breakdown cover – who should I call if I break down?

Please call RAC on 0330 159 0241, who’ll be able to help. Please be ready to give your reference or certificate number and vehicle registration number.