Temporary car insurance for weekend drivers
Our Dayinsure weekend insurance is ideal when you need short term car insurance for a few days. Whether you’re planning a road trip around the UK or even in Europe, taking out weekend insurance is quick, easy and convenient to arrange.
There are many instances where weekend car insurance can be a useful option. It could be for borrowing a friend’s car if you’re moving house, adding a temporary additional driver when going on a road trip, making a business trip over the weekend or to practice for your upcoming practical test if you’re a learner driver.
Benefits of Dayinsure Weekend Car Insurance
Weekend car insurance can be arranged easily and start within 15 minutes of procuring your temporary cover. So even if you leave it to the last minute, it’s fast and simple to organise.
Cover can be arranged, providing motor insurance for a regular or long weekend. Our policies are standalone, which means should you have an accident your No Claims Bonus (NCB) and any other policies and claims discounts will be unaffected. Plus, with all weekend car insurance underwritten by Aviva, the UK’s largest insurer, you’re in safe hands.
Should you be planning on a weekend abroad, European cover is an optional extra, along with additional drivers if you need to share the responsibility and breakdown cover. Free legal expenses cover is included with all weekend car insurance as well.
Who is eligible for weekend insurance?
- All drivers between the ages 19-75 (subject to underwriting and vehicle criteria).
- Learner drivers, as long as they are accompanied by a driver aged 25-75 who has held a full UK licence for at least three years.
- Most vehicles that are registered in England and the UK.
- Licence holders from outside of the UK can apply, providing they hold a licence from one of the following countries and have done so for at least 12 months: EU, EEA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Switzerland.
Check out our car insurance acceptance criteria for the full list of requirements.
How do I apply for weekend insurance?
In order to apply for a quote for weekend car insurance you need:
- The Vehicle Registration Number (VRN) of the car.
- Your name, address, date of birth, email address, and occupation.
Once you have a quote and are happy to apply, you will then need:
- Your driving licence number (if you don’t have a UK issued driving licence, you’ll need your passport number as well).
- Your payment details.
If you require weekend insurance for car drivers then fill in a quote form today and see how much cover will cost you based on your details, vehicle and how long you need weekend car insurance for.