Our Dayinsure weekend car insurance is ideal when you need short term cover for a few days. Whether you’re planning a road trip around the UK or even in Europe, weekend insurance for car drivers is quick, easy and convenient to arrange.
There are many instances where weekend car insurance can be a useful option. It could be to borrow a bigger car if you’re moving house, adding a temporary additional driver to help with the driving on a road trip, making a business trip over the weekend or to practise for your upcoming practical test if you’re a learner driver.
Benefits of Dayinsure Weekend Car Insurance
Weekend insurance for car drivers can be arranged in minutes, and start within 15 minutes of making a booking. So even if you leave it to the last minute, it’s fast and simple to organise.
Cover can be arranged, providing insurance for a regular or long weekend. Our policies are standalone, which means should you have a claim your No Claims Discount (NCD) and any other policies will be unaffected. Plus, with all weekend car insurance underwritten by Aviva, the UK’s largest insurer, you’re in safe hands.
Should you be planning on a weekend abroad, European cover is an optional extra, along with additional drivers if you need to share the responsibility and breakdown cover. Free legal expenses cover is included with all weekend car insurance as well.
Who is Eligible?
- All drivers between the ages 19-75 (subject to underwriting and vehicle criteria).
- Learner drivers, as long as they are accompanied by a driver aged 25-75 who has held a full UK licence for at least three years.
- Most vehicles that are registered in the UK.
- Licence holders from outside of the UK can apply, providing they hold a licence from one of the following countries, and have done so for at least 12 months: EU, EEA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Switzerland.
- Check out our car insurance acceptance criteria for the full list of requirements.
How do I Apply?
In order to apply for a quote for weekend car insurance you need:
- The Vehicle Registration Number (VRN) of the car.
- Your name, address, date of birth, email address, and occupation.
Once you have a quote and are happy to apply, you will then need:
- Your driving licence number (if you don’t have a UK issued driving licence, you’ll need your passport number as well).
- Your payment details.
If you require weekend insurance for car drivers then fill in a quote form today and see how much cover will cost you depending on your details, vehicle and how long you need weekend car insurance for.