As a student you may not need to drive all year round. That’s why at Dayinsure we offer temporary car insurance for students who only require cover for anywhere between one and 30 days. It’s fast and easy to buy, can be a more cost-effective choice in certain situations and you can be covered within 15 minutes of making a booking.
Benefits of Short Term Car Insurance for Students
Whether you need cover during term time or the holidays, our short term car insurance for students provides a quick and convenient solution. All our policies are underwritten by Aviva, the UK’s largest insurer, on a comprehensive basis. Plus, our policies are all standalone, which means that if you do make a claim there will be no effect on your annual policy’s No Claims Discount (NCD).
Free legal expenses cover is included with all our policies to protect your interests and costs, which can be a high priority for students on a budget especially. A variety of optional extras, such as additional drivers, European and breakdown cover, can be added if required, too.
Why You Might Need Temporary Student Car Insurance
There are many reasons why you may need temporary car insurance for students. Some of the most popular situations include:
- If you only drive your car to and from university and only need covering for these journeys it can be a more cost-effective option.
- Borrowing a friend’s car to make a trip to the shops or if they are unable to drive somewhere.
- Arranging a test drive on a vehicle you want to buy.
- Adding a temporary driver to split the driving responsibilities on a long trip.
- Going on a road trip and needing a bigger car for the journey.
- Transporting friends to a festival or any other event.
What You’ll Need to Get Insured
Most drivers aged between 19 and 75 can be covered with our short term car insurance for students. First year students, who are still only 18, may be able to arrange cover but it will be subject to vehicle and underwriting criteria.
International students can also take out temporary car insurance if they hold a full UK, EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Swiss driving licence and have done so for at least six months (or three if over 25).
To apply and get a quote for temporary car insurance for students you will need to know:
- Your name, address, DOB and email.
- Registration number of the car to be insured.
- Passport number (for non-UK, NI and Isle of Man drivers).
Once you have a quote, decide how long you require cover for and if you want any of the optional extras. Simply use your driving licence and payment details (debit, credit card or PayPal) to buy your short term car insurance for students.
It only takes a few minutes and you’ll be covered.