Benefits of Temporary Car Insurance
Short term insurance is fast, convenient and simple to buy. All our policies are underwritten by AVIVA on a comprehensive basis, include Business Use cover and can start within 15 minutes of making a booking.
We offer a range of optional extras such as comprehensive European cover, additional drivers and daily breakdown.
Our policies are standalone, so if you do have a claim there will be no impact on the No Claims Discount (NCD) on any annual policy. What's more, all our policies come with free Legal Expenses cover, to protect your interests in the event of a non-fault incident.
Furthermore, we update the Motor Insurance Database (MID) every day, just after midnight so you're unlikely to be stopped by the police on suspicion of driving without insurance.
Uses of Dayinsure
Dayinsure is a great option when annual insurance doesn’t give you the flexibility you need, such as :
1. Borrowing a car
- if you are either buying or selling a car and want to arrange a test drive
- or if you need a bigger car for a particular journey
2. Adding a temporary additional driver to your car
- it’s a common misconception that all annual insurance policies allow driving other cars cover
- many don’t provide any of this cover, and those that do often restrict to Third Party only, and for the Policyholder only
3. Making a Business trip
- another misconception is that annual insurance policies that cover commuting will allow business trips to any location – they won’t!
- commuting use only covers journeys to or from your regular place of work – potentially excluding cover if you visit a client, attend a training course, or help out at a local branch.
- our policies provide full Business Use (excluding the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward).
4. Any other situation where you need an odd day’s insurance, such as:
- where the annual policyholder gets taken ill and you need to take over the driving
- needing to share driving on a long journey
- taking a SORN vehicle for an MOT
- taking a bigger vehicle to transport a piece of furniture
- or to take friends to an event
- where there’s a gap between one annual policy finishing and another one starting
Who is Eligible?
We can cover most drivers aged between 19 and 75 (subject to vehicle and underwriting criteria) and we are able to insure the majority of UK registered vehicles.
As well as UK licences, we can cover customers who hold a full EU, EEA, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Swiss driving licence and have done so for at least 12 months.
So if you’re planning on coming to the UK, or expecting visitors, Dayinsure could be a great option: rather than hire a car for the trip, it might be easier (and cheaper!) to borrow cars throughout the duration of the visit and buy our insurance online as and when needed.
See our full acceptance criteria
What You'll Need to Buy Short Term Car Insurance
For a quote you will need:
- your name, address, DOB, email and occupation
- the registration number of the car that you want to drive
We’ll display the 1-day price, you then decide:
- how many days you need cover for (from 1 to 28)
- when you want the cover to start
- whether you want any of our add-on options (such as Breakdown or European Cover)
Then to purchase your policy you’ll need:
- your driving licence number (or your passport number if you don’t have a UK licence)
- a debit or a credit card
That’s it - the whole journey takes a couple of minutes, and you could be behind the wheel in 15 minutes