How much does it cost?

The price depends on the car, address and duration. It can be as low as £8 for 2 hours, £28 for a week and £222 for 5 months.

Can anybody supervise me?

The accompanying driver must be at least 25 and have held a full UK driving licence for at least 3 years.

What happens when I pass my test?

When you pass your test, all cover under this policy stops immediately.

Can my policy premium be refunded?

You can cancel your policy at any time. If there have been no claims or incidents likely to give rise to a claim, you are entitled to a refund of premium.

If you cancel the policy before it starts, you will get a full refund. If you cancel after it’s started you’ll get a proportionate refund of premium. We do not charge a cancellation fee.

How can I cancel my Learner Policy?

Please email to cancel any insurance with us. We take cancellations from the date of notification so please contact us as soon as possible. We’ll then calculate any refund.

Who underwrites the policy?

Dayinsure Learner policies are underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited

Can I buy this policy if there is no annual cover on the car?

Yes, if you are learning to drive in your own car. However, if the vehicle is borrowed, the insurance is designed to sit alongside an annual insurance policy.

Can I use this policy to take my test?

Yes, if you’re taking your test in the car specified on this policy. But please remember that our cover stops as soon as you pass your test – so you will need to have different insurance to drive back from the test centre.

Can I practise in more than one car on this insurance?

Yes, but you will need to buy a separate policy for each car you drive.

Why have you limited the cover from 6 in the morning to midnight?

This insurance is designed to let you practise driving while supervised. To reduce fraud and thus keep our prices competitive for all customers, we provide cover only between these hours.

Does the accompanying driver have to own the vehicle?

No. As long as the accompanying driver can meet our criteria (aged 25–75, full current UK licence held for at least 3 years), then they do not have to be the car owner.

Can I drive on the motorway?

Learner drivers can take driving lessons on motorways in England, Scotland and Wales. However, the learner driver must be driving a car fitted with dual controls and be accompanied by an approved driving instructor.