- Available for 1 – 28 days.
- Quick and easy quotation, no obligation.
- Great value for money.
Temporary car insurance for new drivers
Only pay for the cover you need with our Dayinsure temporary day insurance for young drivers. We can insure you whilst you are learning to drive or are still a novice driver, dependent on your age and licence restrictions, we can provide cover for both circumstances.
Short-term car insurance for young drivers is quick and easy to arrange. Temp car insurance for new drivers can start within 15 minutes of making a booking and short-term car insurance for young drivers can cover any period from one to 28 days.
Temporary car insurance for learner drivers
At Dayinsure we provide temporary car insurance for 17 year olds and 18 year olds, but only when they are learner drivers. Temporary insurance for 18 year olds and younger when learning to drive can be useful when practising in a friend or family member’s car over the weekend, during the holidays or in the run-up to the practical test.
Cover is provided from 6am to 10pm only and must be accompanied by a qualified driver aged between 25 and 75 who has held a full UK licence for at least three years.
Benefits of Dayinsure short-term car insurance for new drivers
Short-term car insurance for young drivers can be used for various reasons, from borrowing a car for a holiday, taking friends to an event, being added as a temporary, additional driver to a parent’s car and many more. The flexibility and convenience are two main benefits of the learner driver insurance cover for young drivers we offer at Dayinsure but there are many more.
All temporary car insurance for new drivers is underwritten by Aviva, the UK’s largest insurer and can be arranged from one to 28 days. Short-term insurance for young drivers is also standalone, so there’s no need to worry about your No Claims Discount (NCD) and any existing insurance being affected.
European cover is available as an optional extra if you’re planning on driving abroad, along with additional drivers and daily breakdown cover.
Who is eligible for new driver insurance?
- Temporary car insurance is for drivers aged between 17 and 18 years old who are learner drivers.
- All other drivers between the ages of 19-75 years (subject to underwriting and vehicle criteria).
- The majority of vehicles registered in the UK.
- Licence holders from outside of the UK can apply, providing they hold a licence from one of the following countries, and have done so for at least 12 months: EU, EEA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Switzerland.
What do you need to get insured?
To get a quote for temporary car insurance for young drivers you need:
- The Vehicle Registration Number (VRN) of the car.
- Your name, address, date of birth, email address, and occupation.
Then to apply for short-term car insurance for new drivers you require:
- Your driving licence number (if you don’t have a UK issued driving licence, you’ll need your passport number as well).
- Your payment details.
Fill in a quote form whether you’re a learner, require temporary car insurance for under 25-year-olds or are a new driver and want to get cover quickly and easily online. We offer the most effective and comprehensive cover on the market. Find out more about our range of day car insurance and short-term policy options.